Day Twenty Nine: Pulled in Too Many Directions

No Comments


In my previous post is my personal taste about Cafe and i haven't finished what am i doing on Monday so lets continue from the time i was waiting for my sister, which is two hour free. I want to do a small writing in Cafe and i have seen the place numerous times, it looks like Cafe and they put Wifi sticker in a visible size so i supposed that the place has space to drink coffee and enjoy my writing day.

After i dropped my sister to her English course and told her that i will pick her up after two hours, i went straight to the place. The time i entered the building, i was surprised, there was only one guest and he is walking around, no smell of coffee at all only small group of tables and there was three waiters. I speak to one of them and asked is this place sell coffee and they laugh, they said that it was a foreign library which sell Chinese books.

I shook my head and asking to myself how come they make this strategic place as a bookstore? You know the place was located in the corner of big intersection, and by given price of renting one year there, it could be 50.000 CAD. The previous business in this building was run by Hong Kong cuisine restaurant, went bankrupt then continued to Korean restaurant and same story happen while right now, this place become a bookstore.

My mind start running wildly, i may look calm and passive outside but deep inside my mind start questioning about the existence of the bookstore, what purpose and who fund it. Is this one of the government diplomatic project to smoother the relationship between the countries? I asked straightforward to them is the owner from government official and they said he just an expatriate who open a bookstore here, before he start from the small bookstore in his local country and later it expand to nine different countries, awesome. I never think book business still gain the market advantage in current time.

I look around and since the book was mostly foreign, i can't read all the text. I just focused on the picture and look at some content. In a glance i felt foreign book has more quality toward local. The page is full with information, comparing to local book put much useless stuff and the worst, hidden advertising in it. I had already lost respect to local writer and read less local book, i would prefer to read e-book which has more content and to the point.

Later i picked my sister up and tell the story about it, she also surprised since she expect the place are supposed to be a Cafe. Okay finish with Cafe story so in Monday night i do a research again with my Canadian university which located near my relative place. I have cut down much major, by calculating and scaling on my passion with given realistic job opportunities in Canada. It comes up to 8 different majors and right now i successfully cut it down into 4 i will describe each other specifically in the next post.

I had a conversation with wanna be psychologist and from our conversation, at least i dig what is important value to hold, i want to keep my work and life balance, and in working i should be realistic since only small people love their job, others are pursue their job and other try to fit, other just accept, there are many factors and i will not blame myself of easily given up from working, it just a process and i will accept it, for me the job should has a value to the society so i suit to work part-time, as long i could feed myself and other part time i could do the freelance that i love and has the talent to do which is article writing.

So later i was focused with yoga, therapeutic massage, photography, and else. All of them will be consider as my hobbies, i separate the hobby from what i can make a living, since i could be stressful if i keep doing my hobby repetitively. I will later consider my hobby as another money machine but it just a side plan, if i really need more money or has much free time. I will take my yoga teacher training in the middle of April and after that i can voluntarily teaching somewhere. I don't feel like i waste my time or money since all education that i take considered as investment, and it will pay off someday.

Before i sleep, i opened my work email and found there are two job interviews in the upcoming week, one from the top FMCG company, Procter and Gamble whom i offer Sales Executive job and the other from renowned Japanese clothing line brand, UNIQLO whom i offer distribution management job. I will try both opportunities and at least if i fail i can learn from the experience.

This job offers make my decision divided into new branch. If i got accepted in one of those company, i will soon bury my Canada dream and focus on my career ahead, not much people gain the opportunity to be interviewed with multinational company and this could be a head start for me to compete in high level company, which could be a lucrative career and lifelong goal raking up the career path.

So i put another option with my future prospects, either i stay in current company which no career prospect, just a medium income or taking an opportunities to work and live in Canada from option one, by express entry eligible program or one year certification/ graduate program, or jump into huge company that offers long term career path. The last two seems favorable and i have only one chance. So now i am in a big dilemma, even i still not accepted in the company or accepted in express entry visa. Even i need to complete my IELTS if my express entry failed to attempt, and choosing the right major. I think that's enough to end the day and i have not writing about Tuesday, well, i will write it in the next post and also the 4 majors that i need to choose to study in Canada. So see you guys.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment