Day Twenty Eight: My Personal Type of Cafe

No Comments


I felt guilt to not writing for three days. I felt that because in the last three days i am not much busy or overwhelmed with my work, yet i don't have any inspiration to write in this blog. For me who love to procrastinate, it is really hard to start something although if i already start writing, my hands just can't be stopped so that would be a paradox for me. Hard to start but also hard to stop. 

What happen in the last three day is as following, i will start writing my daily journal on Monday then Tuesday, i will not discuss about Sunday since i already write it in the evening so i consider it as one day. One of the strong reason why i am not writing is because my personal opinion about spending time in Cafe. I dislike doing stuff in a short time so if i really want to go outside, i should plan precisely what i should do there and it should be full of purpose, if my friend ask me to hang out without having a quality discussion, i got bored and regretful.

What underlines my cancellation of whole day plan is the schedule, since i be responsible to take and pick my sister from her course, which just last two hours, i feel it is worthless to spend time on Cafe, inside my mind i have been thinking that the time spent on commuting and preparing the laptop and book already consume half hour, and also another commuting to pick my sister to return and putting back my stuff taking another half hour. Not to forget i need to boost my mood before turn my creativity engine up by reading light article or small chat with friends, take another half hour. In total, if i only had two hours to spend time, i can be productive for only half hour so i would rather to stay somewhere else and wait until the time i pick my sister again.

So why i don't write at home or office? You know my brain only can be functionized properly in suitable conditions. It doesn't mean that i can not utilize my brain in the office, it still possible but it will not producing maximum results especially for the job which require creativity and endless possibility, the environment is crucial and vital to my imagination.

Write at home has tremendous amount of distraction, my mom call for help or lunch, my sister watching Youtube from her phone, the sounds from the outside, there was bed behind my table and in my table there is much toy can divert your concentration to surrounding. My room was designed with my sister and there is not much ventilation, surrounded by wall and the color was sky blue so you can imagine my room offer a perfect scene to relax. Anytime i got tired from working or writing i can easily get laid and sleep.

So how about writing in the office and have i consider it as a good idea? Well i have tried that before, i thought that office environment designed for productivity, full of lights and ventilation which boost your creativity and there was less distraction than my home but it all not exactly right. I have a strange fear of someone were watching my writing, i hate someone patronize and monitor my job, my stress could be raise and suddenly my imagination disappear. Sometimes i really don't understand people, the more i hide what i am doing, the more they are getting more curious to know what i am doing. I know it not wise to use your time by doing something not related with your job but this is my personal method which i know best to relieve my stress, rather that gossiping people or went outside smoking.

By given all that experience, i stopped writing in the office. Also, if not necessary i also avoid writing at home. I found Cafe has the best quality to offer, they have great stuff to keep you concentrate while writing, the smell of roasted coffee beans that keep knocking your brain to stay awake, the mellow jazzy lounge music to stay active, the atmosphere of cafe designed with art make my time meaningful there. Of course there is certain type of cafe which i avoid mostly and i will not hesitate to block their Cafe in my Zomato blog. 

For a writer like me, environment is a key point to make you want to stay longer in Cafe. I tend to avoid popular Cafe, which have a lot of customer and i don't mind with bad drink or food presentation, i all will go straight to my belly, i am not cool kids that like to taking picture of food and put them in social media. So here is the classification of Cafe that are suitable for myself:

  1. Quiet. Writer Cafe consider best in this classification. I will not disturbed with the sound of typewriter knocking, but extremely distracted with the voices. People voices especially those who loud and high pitched consider as the worst distraction.
  2. Adequate space. A Cafe that care with their customer notice that space is essential to keep customer distant to other customer, respecting their customer to be private and they can enjoy the true value of their Cafe.
  3. Light. Natural light that are passing through window take my mind to explore the ideas broadly, which take my writing to different perspective. I feel somewhat positive and cheerful once i get enough sunlight, even i am not a plant.
  4. Variety of Coffee. Okay, in the previous paragraph i wrote i can take the bad drinks and yeah it is but i would be more grateful if the Cafe has many variety of Coffee, in Cafe i rarely drink others, except the Coffee was made from instant sachet (the worst). My coffee intake are depends on my time spend in the place for example: i regularly take blue mountain beans or espresso whom famed for their strong body and acidity if i have important stuff to do and i need natural supplement to keep my head awake, and if i want to have a simple writing, i take latte.
  5. Reliable Wifi connection. I rarely tether from my phone and it can consume my monthly plans if i browse much articles to bounce my writing desire.
So that is my type of Cafe and all not ranked under priority, both shares same value among others. If some of you ask my Cafe that i usually avoid, there it is:

  1. Noisy. From group of workers from nowhere doing a marketing presentation, loud unemployed mid-wife talking about their life, business startup teams that are use Cafe as their headquarter to kids running around, screaming, and it would be the worst if all those types show up altogether in one place. My largest mistake so far choosing place to writing is in a fast food chain, McD. I end up thinking about my whole life for three hours, ignoring the fact i should be doing something productive there.
  2. Over enthusiasm waiter. I know their job is to make people enjoy with the service so they can expect some generosity from the guest by the tips. But it can be extremely annoying if they ask what they should help every one hour. Mostly for this type of service i will not leave any tips, and sometimes i am a bit cruel, i also keep the change too.
  3. Sachet coffee taste in regular Cafe price. This will goes straight to my banned list of Cafe. How you feel if you expect a coffee in such a premium price and when you sipped it, the taste similarly same with the sachet coffee you usually make in the office?. I really know the cost of running a business is not small but this is not the right way to treat your customer.

So yeah that's all the bad Cafe that i could think of. Maybe there is some to add but it doesn't bother much and i could take it in acceptable amount. I don't know why i am talking about Cafe and it comes to one article about my personal opinion. Well, my Monday story has not finish yet and i might continue it later in the next post so thanks for watching.




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment