Day Twelve: Leap of Faith

No Comments


Hello,

I hope you guys having a great day right now, I just came back home. I still not hungry at all so I have a small time to write what I have thinking and search. During these days, my focus only on living in Canada so I just canceled my yoga class today, I don't have any mood to do it right now. Still, when I feel bored I just kick some handstands right away.

Today the yoga teacher told me that the class is still open for those who want to take a teacher training class. I still have one more month to finish the payment before the training begin, which is on the second week of April. I consider important to take the training right now, whether I will be teaching in Canada or not, I will use the knowledge and alumni connection which I get from the training later.

I hope for the best in the upcoming month, i could have a deeper insight with human anatomy, how to reduce injuries during training by performing the right alignment, the interesting theory about yoga in relation with spiritual achievement. The curriculum will be teach heavily in how to giving the right instruction to the practitioner during class, as this will take half of the program learning an effective way of teaching yoga.

I will keep update with my yoga journey week by week since the training will be on every Sunday starting from morning until night. I have no plan for further teaching yet I already contact some of the friends who already taught yoga in the local gym or doing a private teaching. My real intention is not about business but more likely to let people know the activity that can heal and fix the posture gradually while enjoying the movement through breathing synergy between the bodies. The fact of yoga can heal a people drive my intention to introduce this amazing sport to everybody. I am one of the many who enjoy the benefit of yoga, I had better sleep before I was really hard to sleep on the right rhythm.

Now let's get back to my readiness to live in Canada. I questioning myself if I really ready to move abroad since i know the disadvantage of living in foreign country, far away from relatives and friends need you to adapt to variation of culture from different people. I felt a small homesick by the time i studied in foreign country, and this is not happen in the first semester. I just let myself felt sad since dealing with locals is resentful, the way of our thinking is different and my fatal mistake is i was thinking in my own subjective way that local is not friendly to us. Which sometime makes me want to leave the country but this only happen for a day, i always can found my escape by let myself going somewhere alone, which can ease the pain.

I personally ready to move overseas and find an opportunity right there. I also found the good and bad point of living in Canada from a different perspective in this website. I also had to consult with my parents and they are positive about my decision, they hope for a better living for me and I am grateful to be raised in such positive minded parents. I am aware that not every foreigner in Canada will be treated fairly by given a racial mind still work in the modern day so I also do a research from local website to learn more about living in Canada- The good and bad part, what is the main reason of them living in Canada. I am quite sure that positive mind is the key to surviving and living in Canada. It is so powerful that can break the bond of racism everywhere since you will not think about it, you just ignore what you can not change.

Let's get deeper to the works. The implication to career will either start new for a new career since most of the Canadians emphasize a Canadian experience more than having a credibility outside Canada. I would be good if i could work in the same field as my current job but I try to seek a new opportunity for my career. I don't mind to starting new if it is what it takes to go there. I also heard that my relatives who worked there need to be under contract with the company by given year and that's okay for me, I also need that to survive and saving my account before I land the specific job that I love.

Right now I try to gather the information regarding Canada, their policies (working, human rights, taxes), cultural expectation, social environment and politics. I will keep updating with my founding. I planned to stay there for 10 years, so my life is not just working and call it a day. I should found any social activities to keep myself happy, grow in personality and connection and contribute something to society. I will start from meetup.com; A Canadian niche website which can connect yourself with random person or community who share the same interest or hobby. to seek my personal hobbies such as yoga and healthy living, or outdoor clubs such as  hiking and nature walk in the weekend. From them, i could gather the information about new places in the surrounding, which is good for me when I want to seek my quiet time.

My first approach would be in nearest church, since getting along with people who have the same point with you enable you to blend the community quickly. I had listed the church that I could be reached by walking and if i have time, i will access their website and get to know with the people there. It is about gaining a competitive advantage to make a friend before i moving there so my path would be smoother.

Here is the list of church near my future place:

1. Toronto Harvest Missionary Church

The church nearest with my place and according to the website, the preacher mostly from West Asia. Please correct me if i wrong.

2. East Scarborough Church of God

The church with Pentecostal approach with The five fold purpose of ESP (Acts 2:42-47)
Evangelize the lost - outreach (verse 47)
Exalt the Lord in worship - worship (verse 46)
Encourage the believers in fellowship - felllowship (verse 42)
Edify the chruch through discipleship - discipleship (verse 42)
Equip the saints for service - training (verse 44-45)

3. Formosan Grace Christian Church

By given their website, it has a bilingual option for the reader. My opinion is that the church will be dominated by one ethnic group. I will try their youth group once i there.

For the question of citizenship or permanent residence, i know it is too early to answer that and by given fact that i might return to my country after 10 years, i still don't know the answer of this question, i really need to compare the differences and what I will lose if I choose one after another. It is important but the most important right now is to secure my visa to Canada.

I really afraid if i got rejected with my working visa, even my eligibility mark has passed their minimum requirement, there is a chance of failing. I have learned that if i fail during interview test, there are two possibilities. One is safe, you just lost the registration money in the process and may do later since it means your experience or reason doesn't qualify enough to live in Canada, so for the goodness sake, they also want to assure that my skill is in high demand there. The other one may result you a prohibition from entering Canada for two years, in Quebec five years. The second may occur if there is misinformation with the data I give to the immigration. Most of people fail from the background check since they will do triple check to our information, collected document from local government and maybe social media. I heard from an article that they really want to know what we are doing in our life by given a timeline, and even forgoing a trip for three days they also question it for their own reason. So I found from the trusted site about how your application can be refuse, for any of the following reasons:

1. Proof of Language skills

Your IELTS Certificate only valid for two years

2. Criminal issues (have criminal record in any country)

3. Security(failed background checks)

4. Medical (failed medical exam)

5. Financial reasons (have less than the minimum settlement funds)

According to this website, an individual should have at least 12,164 CAD on your asset.

6. Misrepresentation(failed to be truthful during the application or omitted information)

This one is dangerous, can cause you prohibited to entering Canada for certain years.

7. Non-compliance(failed to provide any requested information/ documents the immigration officer requested or failed to attend a Personal Selection Interview)

8. Inadmissible family members (the above reasons for any family member indicated as dependent on the application form)

All the reason above could kill your application or delay it so you really need to make sure to complete all document and giving the right interview. I will have dinner after this and see you tomorrow. Hope the best for me.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment