Day Four: Pre-wedding Ceremony, Sangjid

No Comments


Hello,

As i was planned yesterday that i had a wedding ceremony in the morning that is located quite far from home and just for justification that it is not a wedding but an engagement and it require some of close relatives to come up and attend the meeting. Since it is weekend, my plan went loose as i expected, some of them even aborted.

Remember that i supposed to be the one who pick my sister up to church? well, my parents went to the church earlier and took all the keys so leaving us with no key. We had no option but call them to deliver it since we got locked inside. My dad rushed in the middle of preaching, just to deliver the key and decided to pick her up to church so my duty is gone, i had nothing to do until 9 am and i continue to sleep.

Woken up by my mom to prepare, i rushed to bath and do all morning chores. Our destination today is a chinese restaurant, Central located in the heart of Tajarka. We reach to the destination ten minutes late and hoping that we are not the last member to show and finding out that we are the second family group to come to the room, while the first family group is the groom first younger sister. We handshake with them and talk about light issue, have you ever been to our hometown since we live in the capital while their hometown is separated from ours 600 kilometers. I went to their place before when i was nine years old and that's what all i remember, it happens when we want to go to the next to their place to have a holiday so we pay a visit in that city for one night in my dad's friend house. The unexpected thing is my dad's friend whose offer us a night on his place is a close friend with the groom. I know there is a possibility of that since his town is not too big, so neighbor relation is fairly close.

They asked me much thing of my information and i know every people that i met always assume that i still sit at school. I consider myself that i look much younger than my real age and that issue is not a big deal for me. Impression not just comes in appearance, but also in your way of speaking, thoughts, the selection of topics, the exposure, and the intonation. We had no serious talk here since this is our first meet, and we just shy to talk to each other.

One by one, family member from us and them come up, the bride and groom come at last. The opening ceremony is start from the groom to the bride father, proposing to marry his daughter. I assumed that the groom is extremely nervous or he just quiet. It was his big day so no wonder that he could feel that. The ceremony continue when he put a necklace on bride's neck and some forced-romantic posture to the cameraman for documentation. The next one is family member from us and then from them and all together to form a group picture. Since 90% of the attendant is mostly married, the photo session feel cold, bold and not much expressive. I wondering if they taking this seriously or professionally.

After all, we got to pray before buffet. The pray was lead by bride's dad since groom's dad is tired. We pray in Catholic and after Amen and cross to the trinity, we began to eat. The food start with the crab meat and egg soup, and it would be better if i put them in order:

Starter: Crab meat and egg soup

continued with Shrimp fruit salad

Here comes the carbs: Seafood XO fried rice

Sea cucumber in brown sauce, i think it's oyster but smell like BBQ sauce

Braised beef in Tin basket with broccoli

Fried mayonnaise shrimp

Steamed lazy fish in Hongkong style

Fried dove with garlic and pepper sauce

Ended with: Fruit platters

I am not a food blogger and had a small interest in describing food so i just plainly write them all. The food dominated with seafood as you can see and for you that don't know what kind of food is this and where do i can find this kind of food you could begin a research in Chinese minority, Hakka cuisine offer you a wide variety of Chinese food that is signatured with sweet from the soy and the usage of wine in some food.

I ate all of them except the bird since i had eaten much in the breakfast and the interval between it is quite short, approximately 2 and half hours so my stomach capacity is filled already. We had a good talk with relative and i am glad to watch groom's dad and bride's dad sang along Chinese old music. Seems that we had start and develop another strong bond between two families. There are other men from another family member that market his product that could deflect the radioactive frequency by putting a cone "that look more likely like the one that we saw in roller blade training" in four directions equilateral, and challenge us if he could bring us down or not before using this product. I will do a research on this and post to this blog later.

Finally we are about to close the ceremony, giving a nice handshake and some of them sharing their contact to each other, hoping that later on we could make a business together. All bride member, us, were supposed to take one box that is filled with cookies and candies as for our culture that this is a ritual for groom before marry the bride. During old time, the groom need to complete the procedure which consist of six steps in different day and moment before he could marry the bride but nowadays, all of them could be done in one day. The main reason of this is the scarcity of time between the family member and also the groom, since it is not easy to unite us together, some of us even come from different city just to attend this ceremony. 

Going back home, we took a small break by grab a coconut and continued to home. I continued to sleep, i know this is my bad but i have zero intention today to study IELTS, and planned to do it tomorrow after work. I really want to write a blog but since me and my sister share a room, and she said that she need a long rest so i had no option but sleep too.

In the evening, i went to the church and the topic is nothing interesting for me but i had a good quality time during pray, i asked for direction that He will show me up through holy spirit in a person, which is a psychologist in 24th or 27th of February depend on the meeting since before i already consult a psychologist about my true calling and they need half month to process and giving the best option for me. I am hoping for the best outcome and will bring my parents, so we could talk about this and decide what is the best for me. So guys please wish me a best luck this week.

My mind a bit blown during worship session since i am completely not focused with what people are singing or praising, i was busy with myself talking to God. I feel that church is the best place for me to find myself, to plan, and to get you closer to God. It just a good feeling to spend the best two hours here and hoping for the next week my mood will good enough to bring me back to church. I also found a flaw that in the greatest gift for human being that is given by God, "free will" enable us to choose the live we want but responsibly back to our main purpose by giving Him praise and worship. This gap could be used by the bad and effectively useful to attract a person which is always confused with the direction and not confident to decide what to do in live, no purpose of life kind of people may easily fall into this trap. I am not expert in this and this just my kind of absent thinking so forgive me if there is any mistakes with my thoughts.

By the way, if i got accepted in that trading company, i would be tell my current boss to resign and giving him to prepare my position to someone else, and i could have much free time preparing my IELTS and skill. I also planned to take a small work at church later on to keep my management skill sharpen and build a relation there. Hope there is a job that fits me, even it is small as scripting or accounting, i could help them. I can at least serve God with my talent and keeping my skill from fading away. 

I think this is the time to finish my journal today since i had to find a video for my uncle which requesting me to find a basic yoga sequence for him so after this i will find that video. I am so grateful that i still keep writing consistently and today is the day four, another achievement that i could do consistent and hope for tomorrow i have a good mood to write. See you guys.




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment