Day Eleven: I Know There is A Sunshine Right There

No Comments


Hello,

Yesterday i don't have enough time to write the blog, at night my friend want to have a small talk which last five hours, my Goodness but it was a good time though since we discuss some important stuff, not to mention that yesterday i met up with my good friends, Jay. He just resigned from his old company because of better offers from another company, which enable him to work overseas that may polish his CV and there is an internal problems with his Boss makes him want to move away fast. My other friend, Jacob just graduate from his college, looking for a good company that can offer him a wide exposure and smooth career path.

We just looking for our solution, discuss it altogether what is the outcome of the choices and so on then come to my turn, i told them that i want to take the opportunity of working in Canada, if it is possible this year my working visa should be published and right now i preparing my English test which is IELTS to get a band of 6, or more i hope. They asked me the specific date of the day i start working there and since i had not any further conversation with employer, i just stick on this year. They surprised about my decision, and ask me to rethink my idea. Starting over in foreign country and surviving the job competition is not easy. One of them, Jay told me that since he know my daily work, he said that i had too much freedom to work at home and good salary makes me lazy to find another prospective local company which can give me a career path.

I really understand that my job has zero career path and i am get used with the system, that i build my own habit and become used with it so the other option that i need to find a competitive working culture in the local company is not interested for me. One said that i will spend my year again by starting over in foreign country, not to mention that if i fail to land in any job there, i will waste the money i had collected and also my time. I always respect their decision but yesterday it was different in my heart. I just nodded toward but my heart against their opinion, my inner voice echoing to dare myself taking this challenge. I know i will lose my job right now, which is easy to do and lot of free time but right now i want to challenge myself to fly to Canada.

They asked about my yoga teacher training which i just abandoned it. I don't want to split my focus and their reply is another objection. They said that i really want to be a yoga teacher soon but right now in front of them, i told them that i just cancelled my training because of this reason. They told me that i change my mind quickly, and it is true. I really need someone in my life which can know my best trait and direct my life since i really lost right now. Jay, told me that i will giving up my Canada dream next month. I don't know how to reply since i can be stubborn today and lost tomorrow. I just tell them let it be, i will follow what my heart will guides me. This left them in confusion and hope i will be okay and stay in my decision. After that, we decided to go home and make a promise that we will talk our personal matter by the next time we meet again. I head back my home and found that my mom still preparing of her presentation. She will be on church mission for a week in Mana island, which still outreach from the government. I hope for the best outcome and pray for her to come back safe and sound. I will be the one to take her to the meeting point on 2 am, and i prefer not to go to bed since i had a research to be done.

I think this is the best time to search since my parents and sister already fall asleep, so less distraction. I am looking for a student loan, so if my first plan to go there by a skilled worker is fail, i had another option which i already mention on the last post, by taking one year degree in master or certification. I am looking in this website, that my university selection must be specific since the rent cost in Canada is extremely expensive as 500-800 CAD per month in downtown for a single bed, i prefer to stay with my relative to save the cost. My relatives stay in Ontario, Scarborough so i should find the university near his place. I found 23 universities there and some of them get my interest. I have an interest in health studies and i ever study by myself about selecting a good food and counting my calories intake before i was doing gym.

In page one, the university that caught my interest is natural nutrition program, parallel with my passion in health science and teaching program. So here i list the university that i interested:

1. CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATURAL NUTRITION - SCARBOROUGH, ON

They have three different programs; natural nutrition, holistic nutrition and elderly care. I will skip the elderly care since i have zero interest with them, i only like to chat with elder, not taking care. I will do a research on the differences between them and the certification since they have 3 different certification, C.H.N., R.H.N., and C.H.N.C.. The program will be complete in either one year of full time study or two year of part time and it will cover 1200 hours of study (632 hours plus approximately 550 hours for homework assignments and class preparations) with 51 hours of practicum.


2. NEW EARTH COLLEGE - INSTITUTE FOR NATURAL HEALING SCIENCES

This college offers qualifying educational programs that are specifically designed to provide or improve a person’s skills in a recognized occupation. Training programs are approved and recognized federally by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and tuition is tax deductible.

They have two programs which last 8 months for certification which i will not take it since i need at least one year studies or 36 months of diploma.


I found two universities which is not bad, there are another university in health science such as acupuncture study but i am not interested so i just skipped it. Other university mostly listed IT and business job so i also not listed here.

I found this interesting website about job market trends in Canada, which is being updated with last of two months, so if today was March, the latest data is in December. This would be useful to me to know which job is in high demand in Canadian job market. This website also supported with articles related to various job in different province.

The time already 2 am which i should wake my mom up. I am very tired and i had a small talk since she just woke up and me want to sleep badly. After i dropping her to the meeting point, which is her church, i did a small talk with her friend and throw some joke, hugged my mom and return.

Yesterday my uncle, the younger brother of my dad told me to come in his opening house in tomorrow evening. I have no plan for Sunday and since we are responsible to take our grandma, we just went to her house after church session. The street is quite empty so we arrived at her home fast and she prepared some food for us, which is cooked by herself. After she finish prepare for going to my uncle place, we drove to my uncle house and since it is Sunday, the road was empty so we arrived fast. I am not interested with the party and rather than i spend time talking to people there, which is mostly his friends and from neighborhood, i walk and looking around his home. After i satisfied myself by spending time alone, i head back to the house, and in a short time we just return home and my dad want to buy weekly groceries so i spend my time walking around shopping center and then we proceed to have a dessert then we came back home.

Since i promise to discuss about the other result of my passion test, here it is. The second recommendation from them is Doctor, i have a talent to absorb knowledge quickly and have a good memory since doctor need to remember a lot of theory. It shows that i had a passion to heal and serve people which i admit it and the bad part of it, i need to learn to control my stress since this job will produce stress and motivation to learn medicine. I consider this as a good option for me but impossible to take it now. I will spent another 10 years of my life to study in this field and i don't want to do that. I prefer a certification that related to health studies in given duration of a year. That is why i consider holistic nutrition as a substitute of nutritionist or yoga training as a substitute of kinesiology or sport science. The knowledge is not deep as i study in four years spent in university, but i can take the specific studies which is related with it.

There third recommendation, Teaching, specifically, teaching sports. This is connected with my yoga and i will consider this profession to do in my free time or as second job. The reason this profession is not going to be my main profession is because it is hard to survive as yoga teacher in Canada. I read various article about this and they require to be creative to get their client and expanding the business to anything related with health and positive mind. So among three of my recommendation, forestry, doctor and teacher, none of them is preferable for me. Forestry is my last option when i had enough with my life and take it as a last chance to be happy, doctor already too late and teacher as secondary profession.

It was a relieve to know that economy falls on the fourth place of recommendation. I had a background in it and all my working experiences is about this field so advancing to another economical studies is not steep as other recommendation route. One thing that i could not understand is all the job i took in economy field doesn't make me happy. I have tried data entry and warehousing for my first internship, i got burnout with data entry which all i need just to put the data to excel. My working house is not constructive and during this internship i seek an escape, after i finished with my job, i explore different part of the city. My boss teach me nothing about exporting and importing, just give me a short list of INCOTERM that i already know in Supply Chain Management class. Dissatisfied with the output from this internship and the Boss corrupted my wage since i only get one month salary, i asked him for another month but he said he will give it later but until the time i came back to my city he never try to give me back.

The second internship is i worked as marketing. I do a market research and another data entry from their prospective customer. I really enjoyed market research and sometimes i get bored with it since mostly i make the research alone (at this time i understand why a project of research need to be done by some people), it would be better if a small group of people working on this project so we could encourage each other. I am happy with this internship, and was hoping to be in part with them but i made a huge mistake by giving everyone a feedback which is too honest and yes this is the part that i regret it the most. Some people can not take feedback easily and this makes me in front of them as a comparing them with each others. After i finished with my second internship, i back to the country i studied to finish my thesis while the main reason of this is because of my roommate makes me uncomfortable and i don't want to explain why since it is not important and already happened.

I head back and finish my thesis, not to mention search my first job there. I threw a bunch of application and i got three calls from different company. Two of them offer me with local salary since the language that i will be use to communicate would be in their local language so there is no reason to pay me higher than other, they also say that it would be harder for them to take foreigner as their employee since the government regulations protecting local worker from unemployment. Two of the job is same, as a regional sales in consumer goods company. The other option is the best one, from multinational company that are frustrated to find foreigner that able to speak fluently in local (mother tongue), Chinese and English. This job is about call center staff. Their office is here outsourcing a local from my country while the company itself is headquartered in India, the specific customer is from my country that purchase a product which they produced here. The salary is competitive as i never expect that i will get a big number in my first job. They even asking for another local in my university since they need at least five to fill the position.

I was discuss this opportunity to my parents and they object to it. They say there is no future in career if i work there and i should be under contract for three years. It is better to continue my master and find a better job, so i told them that i had threw a bunch of CV and i am freshly graduated, my degree has not come yet so at least i need a real working experience here and i will move to another company after three years. They said that i would be better to return to my country and work there while preparing for my master. This is would be a long story and i just want to cut it here. I will write the follow-through later.

Currently i worked as a finance staff which is full of data entry and the only thing i had fun is about presenting the data. I really hopeless with my life since i had took three kind of job that had connectivity with economy and yet i still dissatisfied with my job. I know economy has a broad term of field and right now i still not found which economy path i love the most. In Saturday i had told the psychologist to find my "way" in economy path since i desperately need to change the job, while i don't know the right job. My time almost up since i would be moving to Canada in this year so i need to check on the university about the program that i will fit with my job. The psychologist agreed to give me the answer to my email in Monday. Hope i could get the answer and begin a research related with the answer to make sure that this is "my job" since i had spend much time and money to solve this matter.

Thank you for watching and sorry if the article today sounds depressive. I hope i could find my way. See you again.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment