Day Two: Life hacks, Start

No Comments


Hello there,

Since i don't know the specification and where this blog is going to, i just write my experience today. Hope my writing could score better in the upcoming IELTS test so feel free to notice me if there is any mistake in my grammar or vocabulary so i could learn how to write effectively.

So today i woke up in the morning and did according what i had planned yesterday. I planned to kick start my day more energize and productive by start a small step of change and hope it could be my positive habits to work on. Last night i jot down 3 activities of what i should be done in the morning, it is extremely easy and everybody can do it so this is the list:

1. After wake up, immediately do a morning stretching by pull both arms and legs out, pulling each other, hands on the top of the head and stretch it while the legs keep stretching in opposite direction. I did this 10 seconds and my body feel better, glad that this simple hack works wonder to my body. 

2. After morning stretching, I resist the urge to touch the phone, checking messages or any calls but went directly to grab some water and pee. I remember most day before i did this simple hack i spend at least half hour to check the phone, 5 minutes do what i really need to and the rest just wasted by games or checking instagram, facebook, twitter. 

3. Last thing after those two hacks, i find anything quickly to boost my mood since i feel not motivated and poor emotional control before breakfast. Luckily, there was leftover fried rice last night so i don't need much time to prepare.

Sounds damn easy right? and most surprisingly, after i looked at my watch which i left it beside my bed, all of that activities just spent not more than half, even quarter. It just took 10 minutes of my life doing such productive way in a very short time. I remembered the day back when i had no morning plan at all, i spent mostly more than an hour to finish all morning stuff. I will keep doing this everyday until it become my habit.

Well, since i put too much exclamation in this hack and not well prepare what i do after, i just do some boring office stuff which drain my energy quick and suddenly i felt tired, the urge of checking phone is big and i could not hold it so .. yeah i waste another hour by phone. I should find another solution which connected to that three hack so for tomorrow, after i finished those three hacks i will continue to. So as written in writer digest, there were 24 solutions offered but i find some suit for me, some sounds bullshit, and some sound "i think i couldn't do it now, maybe next time", and i don't want to demotivate myself by giving a long list of frustration, since i know what and where is my limit so i took some of the "acceptable options" to be done tomorrow.

4. Cold bath. I really hate this but i know it will be good for me. I know some people get used with this routine but for me i just did it occasionally, if there is something important to do in the morning as morning meeting or else. I rode an article last time that taking a cold bath may encourage your muscle tissue to be ready and give a sign to the brain to "Hey, let's work".

So, just four thing to do for tomorrow.

Well i know its not that much improvement but better to take a small step and consistent to do it rather than forcing yourself to do it everything and you fell tired since it is not being you genuinely, and the worst part is you don't want to do it anymore. Remember, every big step start from small habit.

So, if there any excuse why i can't make it most of them, i have very logical answer and i know it is impossible to make it happen now however i will be there soon once i reach a certain point. Here is the explanation about why i won't make it:

1. Leave curtains halfway open. This solution doesn't work, my room is too small and there is no blinds or curtain, i know i always feel energize when i had a company audit for even just one day staying in hotel or inn since they always have a curtain which sparks abundant sunlight hitting my eyes.

2. Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier. Same with the top, i don't need alarm for daily wake up since i have my own biological clock which always wake up at six. Alarm rarely needed for important meeting with workers or client in the morning that i need to be well prepared or any important stuff. Apart from that, i trust my own body rhythm.

4. Totally useless and require some effort to prepare the heater. I skipped it.

5. You don't need to say, i followed tons of motivational guy that throw quotes every hour.

6. I rarely consume vitamin and i don't think this is essential since i take good food and vitamin source from raw food, in addition i understand the principle of nutrients intake so i could avoid what is considered as bad or junk food.

7. This is what i do it now. Plan for tomorrow so in the next morning you don't need to think that consumes your brain energy which reducing brain productivity and stamina.

8. I'm single and a bit lonely. Hope i could find the right one and live together.

9. 5-10 minutes spent for music. Can't. I know it works wonder for other except me. My mind trip everywhere and suddenly i will forget what i need to do even it is extremely important. No distraction including music. I only allowed music during work out, not to start my plan.

10. Wake to the smell of coffee. Lazy to brew, don't have coffee maker and hate for the mess so end of story.

11. It's a part of my daily routine.

12. Take aspirin? sounds weird and uninterested to do it. I am not really dependent with drugs and i never take any sleep pills, i prefer natural way.

13. I use no sweetener and it already become my healthy habit.

14. Check morning calendar sounds good but the commitment to write on it makes me discourage. I will use this method once my hacks already becoming good habits.

15. Same with no. 11

16. I consider myself as active person so eight cups is not a problem for me

17. Same with no. 8

18. Same with no. 11

19. Same with no. 8

21. I work as teleworker so i work at home. I don't need to be rush every time.

22. Same with no. 11

23. I have my own sports and i am not into treadmill. I found it was boring to spent half hour just to step on the same position while i hate doing something repetitive.

24. I used to do it with my mom.

So here is my plan for tomorrow hacks. Hope everything could work on it's place and tomorrow is weekend so i will not be easy on myself and try to accomplish of what i had planned. I will put my tomorrow plan separately from this entry and since it is weekend, i am not forcing myself to be full productive or constructive day.

See you guys and i hope i could write again tomorrow, which is good for my IELTS and brain!



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment