Day Six: First Midlife, Nothing Left to Lose

No Comments


Hello,

Back again to the previous topic last night and i still not cover the job that i was offered from far relatives since i only met the person twice in my lifetime. I consider this is the second life decision as if whether the decision i will make, it will affect my life path. This thing kept bugging me for two whole weeks, bring me confusion and uncertainty to my whole life once again. I, who already given up with my life and pick what common people would do suddenly felt an urge, that moves my heart to say "TRY IT".

You can call me a normal guy since i don't have any further plan forward in the next ten year, even five year. My day spent in the office while at night i do yoga, cyclically everyday. Of course some event happened but not affecting much with my routines. Sometimes i dreamed to be the one that chasing his dream but i know that i don't have what it takes, i even not sure what am i doing right now. My age turned 25 this year, a year that most people said about "first midlife-crisis".

What is this crisis of? well, during this period of time, individual should know where he would be settle and spend a whole life there, marriage or mortgage explain the best of why a person can't go anywhere, by given huge responsibility. Not just that, people perceive you as a fully responsible man that should be able to walk and stand alone, in a short word, independent. Independent is a state of mind so even you still taking care of your parents or stay with them, since you support them yet your mindset is i was able to make a living.

Have you decided carefully who you are going to marry with? or Can your career makes you a living once you will resign later and how long it will last? scares many people since we can't predict the future. Considering myself that the life plan i had built two years ago mean nothing in reality. My account just enough to support myself and leaving small account which is not enough to credit any property. Living with parents also demotivate yourself since you are considered as dependent person.

I want to escape from my job but i can't, my working experience is not more than one year, i need to wait at least two years that could polish my resume for my further career prospect. I counting the day, doing the job that is repetitively same, leave me in frustration. Since i live in the capital, getting into big company is not easy as what others think, even get a job in a small company you need a certain degree and work skills with the lowest pay you could never think for. I don't think this job can secure my life and have a future prospect so i just wait for the right time to jump and fly.

Seems God answered my pray, there is a call in the morning to my mom, that there is a job vacancy abroad for a person who is native and able to do some management stuff. Think that this is once in a lifetime moment, take it or leave it, my mom told and explain if i could giving a hand to that person. My mind went faster, i tried to find any information about the company as i don't want to lose this opportunity. I know there is another candidate so there would be a competition in order to fill the position.

I don't do as others, who think slowly and carefully with what it will affect towards life. I am not seeking an escape but i found better to live abroad once again. By given the condition in my life here, i don't need to argue which one is better. If it impulsive then yes it is. I am the one who take initiative to call that guy, and not picked up. I tried once again and not answered. There is a message left to my mom's phone that written "we could talk at 8 to 9, i am free on that time". So i called that guy again at 9 and there is no answer. I had not given up, the next day, i called her for the third time and yes she answers.

We are not talking much with working agreement or condition since she knows that i graduated and worked in this field, there should not be much hassles. I can learn the skill later, the job is quite flexible and mobile, she seems interested with my qualification and we agreed to talk with main problems. So here is the main problem, the unemployment rate for this year is higher prior to the past. The Canadian ministry of labor enforce every business company to give priority to the locals since some of them under lay-off, especially in the country that much rely on the sand oil while the oil price went down sharply from previous year and some United States policy to limit their budget toward oil spending which delay many construction there. It means there is no sponsorship to work there. I need to take skilled worker way in order to get into Canada and got a job there.

She explain that this way is what many people fear because it was strict and demand a high standard for individual to work there. I throw a joke about overstay and she didn't want to take a risk, it could close down her business she said. So i understand the situation and figure out what is the best way for us, by taking an express way of getting a certificate from college, so right after graduate according to Canadian student policy we will be given 8 months of working permit to find a company that can sponsor us to be a permanent worker to their company, so after that i could renew my student visa into working visa for what year that we still not deal with it.

Finding universities is the first step to work there, i am in the pathway of whether i will take higher education (graduate program) that last for one year or just certificate program with internship opportunity for one year. Both sounds good and later i will decide on the psychology test result that we will talk about it in 27th of Feb. If the result is i should continue for graduate program, then i will focus on the job she was offered there. I am giving two kind of profession that are resembles with my current degree, current job and job in Canada that is:

Customer Analytic Manager

I love to work backstage, not confront with much people and less chit-chat. Since i have a good ability to read data and can figure out the "red thread" in it. I had no interest to watching people but this job does not requires much of dealing with customer. In this type of job i need to analyzing various customer level in order to determine the best advertising method (flyer/promo offers/direct/guerrilla), product pricing, target marketing, and product assortment based on research.  Works on retail spend behavior patterns,store sales performance, and other analyses in support of customer centrist retailing.

I had learned all of that in college as Marketing Management program and i feel i can do it. This profession related with my quiet personality and passionate with making an analyze, by the way i am INTP so this job will blend with my passion.


Regional Sales Manager

This would be the last option since this profession is still related with the subject i had learn from years and i ever took this kind of internship (well, it went bored as i need to makes a cold call and data entry but my current job is likely the same, just eliminate that call stuff). So regional sales also need to make a research in sales function, how do they figure out the best way to reach customer and create a cohesive relation between them in basis of need. After that, i require to determining objectives on deciding when it going to be on sale or rush hour. Giving all the report collected to the Boss, managing business operation with customer (the local store, grocer purchaser, wholesaler) , our human resource and vendor management.

I learned Operation Management and Supply Chain Management so this simply understandable and require a small effort to relearn and applies to this job. One downturn with this career selection is maintaining relationship should be taken seriously while i had a small interest dealing with people.

Later will cover depend on the result so i still wait patiently, while maintaining the good relationship with the employer, so i keeping her on track of what i am doing, at least a simple communication just enough. I will tell her my plan at the end of this week, if i remember.

I don't think for any other job right now since the expectation and reality might be opposite. Logically, my job in Canada would be another trading company but in different work field. If now my company play as Collector with only one Buyer, the government company (since its under government regulation), this time that company play as Distributor of Imported Goods and Subsidiary so I have to deal with warehousing stuff and maintaining good relation among other chains.

So later on maybe in the night i will post about the opportunity cost and implication by given two options, to settle here and find more prospective job in domestic after two year experience or pursue my life in Canada. Thanks for reading and glad to realize that this is the sixth day of me doing consecutively writing in this blog, which i never done before. Hope i could have time and motivation to continue this journal this night or tomorrow.



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment